Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 17-20: Testing 1, 2, Infinity

Day 17,18, 19, 20:  Testing 123

Day 17-20:  Testing 1, 2, Infinity

Do you believe that we get tested in the spiritual sense? 
As you may have read, on Day 16, I was feeling pretty good.  Around the Soul in 80 Days had proven to get my positive juices flowing and I was getting ready to sign up to be a juice donor.  Then, over the weekend, things started to come up for me.  I stumbled upon some unhappy memories and started to question the trajectory of my whole life (I do that sometimes ;).
I started to wonder, is God, that naughty professor, testing me? 
Often times, we think we have to pass these spiritual pop quizzes to prove ourselves worthy to God.  But being a teacher myself, I started to realize that it's not the test that we sometimes make it out to be.  I, as a teacher, just want to make sure that my students get the lesson.  Plus, it's not really for me, it's for them.  So there it is.  The things that I conceive as "tests" are not to prove something to God but rather an opportunity for God to show me that I can do it!  Wow!  This might be where that quote, "God never gives you anything that you can't handle*" originates.  Either way, it's pretty cool to consider.  As Marianne Williamson always says, each and every one of us has a personalized curriculum here on Earth.  Sounds like it's time for a study sesh at The Coffee Bean.

*Side note:  I just need to share that I've never really loved that quote.  It always makes me feel like the more that I can handle, the more I'll have to handle!  But, reframing it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment