Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 1

I wanted to see what happened when I let the winds take me.  You see, sometimes I feel the need to manipulate my life.  In my recent past (4 hours ago), there was some square peg into round holing it around finances.  Tactics include but are not limited to beating myself up for not meeting my own expectations (in this case some debt) and my favorite of all time, unleashing thought after thought after thought about the situation that I DON'T want in my life anymore. 
Let me tell you, it's exhausting and it usually ends in a prayer that sounds like this, "God, I now give you full permission to have a little angel take a little celestial bat to my head to reset this shit."  Now, I have to tell you that despite the use of the SH word, God always answers this prayer which is a very good sign for things to come.
With the compulsive thinking on mute-ish, an idea came to mind.  What would happen if I chose the present moment, the happier thought, or taking a breath for the next 80 days?  I mean, the control freak inside of me likes the organized, routine, consistent fashion of applying something for 80 days.  If this were a diet, fo sho I would fit into my skinnies (or at least seam marks on my inner thighs wouldn't be so deep when I wiggled them off at night)!  Plus, with the holidays coming up, this is going to be an awesome opportunity to practice joy!  Could I, Marissa Lluch, be the zen mistress of the BIG LOTS line this season?  Just maybe.
For the next 80 days, I'm going to choose happiness.  I'm going to breathe.  I'm going to write emails to myself (which I'll share).  I'm going to get cozy with Spirit.  I'm going to start cussing in mantras and easing myself to sleep with a little smile on my face.
I don't know where this thing is going to take us but do you want to join me?

2 comments: