Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 2.  Let's chill.  

This blog post is dedicated to all my homies who sometimes, JUST SOMETIMES, find themselves a little bunched up.  AKA:  Note to self:

I don't know about anybody else, but when I'm told about the power of letting go, I sorta "yeah, yeah, yeah" in my head and secretly want the speaker/adviser/author to get on with it so we can get to THE JUICY "HOW TO" PART!  Lettings go seems SO Chapter 1, so unexciting, so passive, so bleh!
And with all due respect all things spiritual, it also seems counter intuitive.  I don't want to let go, I want to COLLECT knowledge, chunks of love,  heavenly moments, timeless wisdom, eternal joy, and 10 tips for being happier (thank you Gretchen Rubin).
Despite all of this, life experience is constantly showing me that maybe what SEEMS counter intuitive is actually intuition at its best.  I can't help but notice how things fall into place when I sit back and let things be.  Joy seems to sleep over when I let life present itself.  I find myself appreciating the bright orange of cones on the street as if they are a splash of color put there just for us.  Even the construction work that would usually elicit a letter writing campaign seems to have a rhythm.
Okay, okay.  I know what you might be thinking, "Marissa, really?  The orange of the cones?"
To that I'm going to say, "Why not?"  It's a sometimes easier to deeply appreciate little things in life (color, nature, a child sprawled in a stroller as if he is rolling with his body guard, your quirky aunt's phone message, the random "like" that you got on Facebook, the rattling of your husband's keys when he comes home, or your little old lady neighbor's pop of lip color... We see you girl!).  It is in that context when big things inevitably happen.

"CHILLIN" HOMWORK:
READER'S CHOICE
A)  Write down 5 little things added low-profile goodness to your day (Just don't steal the orange cones.  Those are mine okaaaaaay?)
or
B)  Listen to "Let's Chill" by Guy (It's a GTE = Guaranteed Transcendental Experience)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wj8Yxa309Edon

No comments:

Post a Comment