Monday, November 26, 2012

Day 6 & 7: Sickie and Special Requests

Day 6:  Sickie
I'mb sick.  Achoo!
I spent the day on the couch, slurping soup, and tackling the mysteries of life today. 
While watching Brave I extracted the obvious, "Our fate lives within us, you only have to be brave enough to see it" and "A lady never leaves her weapon on the table."  Okay, got it.  Watched Quiz Show.  Always tell the truth and don't mess with Herbie Stemple.   Noted.   75 year old Jean Houston was on Oprah's Super Soul Sunday.  She was talking about the hero's journey.  This seemed substantial but I didn't get much from it because I was Googling her skin care regimen.  From under the covers, I made an impulse buy on Amazon.  It was  Bill Moyer's interview of Joseph Campbell (sadly not Jean Houston's night cream).  While soaking in an epsom salt bath, I listened to the genius Danielle LaPorte's Fire Starter Sessions.
In my vulnerable state, I have to admit that this 80 day project is starting to feel like a project.


Day 7:  Special Requests
I said a prayer last night.  I asked God for a little more lightness, a little more groovey, and a little less fanatical.
I hear my song playing today.



No comments:

Post a Comment